Thursday, July 14, 2005

The Girl

I had dinner with a fellow sportswriter , Wednesday night. He asked if I'd found anything great for this blog lately. While there has been a lot of good, I have encountered something great in a while.

Until today.

Seniesa

Los Angleles Times writer Kurt Streeter went hunting through Los Angeles gyms looking for a promising teen-aged fighter to chronicle. Instead he found a young girl, with an interesting past that was drawn to the ring. He looked at how she fought to be somebody and to help her father avoid his consideable demons. Streeter wrote the story in five parts. I was hooked halfway through part one. The time devoted to this story had to be considerable and I'm guessing years from now there will be updates and perhaps a book. It's long, but well worth it.
Part One
Part Two
Part Three
Part Four
Part Five

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home