Monday, July 11, 2005

All-Star Monday

ComericaTiger
Lots of baseball today on the slowest sports day of the year. A lot of newspapers used today to run features, which mostly made for good reading.

The Boston Globe has features on the popularity of of David Ortiz and Johnny Damon.

Mike Beradino looks at the scarcity of black starting pitchers in the All Star game.

Joe Strauss looks at Albert Pujols' place in history.

John Eisenberg says Sammy Sosa has been a the opposite of what was expected - a good citizen and a bad hitter.

Richard Justice ranks America's best and worst baseball towns. I've started reading his blog regulalry too. He's got a nice rhythm to it.

I missed this feature while I was on vacation. The Boston Globe's Stan Grossfield has babies, that were conceived by Red Sox fans during the playoffs last year, are starting to be born. When I found this story I was wondering, "What kind of people would tell a reporter abut their sex lives?" Of course I started reading it and the prominently featured couple are friends of mine from college. Their picture, which is a Boston Globe photo, is below.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home