Thursday, October 07, 2004

Sox, Caddyshack and even a little Nascar

Sean McAdam wrote nice feature on the maturation of Manny.

Tony Maz writes about the re-emergence of Pedro.
It included this:
Martinez was not brilliant in this game, but he was damned, damned good.
When exactly did damned become newspaper acceptable? I'm not against it, but I'm curious. Pretty sure my boss would cut it.

In memory of Rodney Dangerfield, David Whitley wrote about Caddyshack's affect on golf. It's not fantastic, but I wanted to have something Rodney-related.

The first NASCAR story ever on good reads comes suggests in the wake of the Dale Jr. points controversy. I don't really know anything about this, but the writer suggests that all the drivers should swear in interviews to even off the points race. That would make me watch the last 20 minutes of the broadcast.

Finally, this story makes me sad.

HELENA, Mont. -- An attorney and family friend of a Carroll College football player who committed suicide after learning he faced a rape charge said Narles Yde-Layne told his parents "he had done nothing wrong, but that he could not face what the community would think of him."

I don't know if the kid is innocent or not, but it's extremely sad if he's not guilty.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home