Friday, July 23, 2004

Me and Colorado

This topic may evolve into a Daily Hampshire Gazette column at some point, but for now I'm mentioning it here.

I've been a Colorado fan for almost 15 years, but I'm not rooting for CU football this year. I can't. Too many things that go against everything I believe in have happened there during the rape scandel and the school has handled it poorly. 

So my Buffs hat is idly on my shelf and my Koy Detmer jersey will stay in the closet. Maybe forever.

I'm not rooting for them to lose. I can't swing that far. I still like some of the players, many of whom I'm sure are decent guys tainted by the rest, but Gary Barnett has been reprehensible.

I'm not sure I'll ever go back.

Anyway this is relevant to this site because: Woody Paige has some more stuff about Gary Barnett in denial.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home