Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Two uplifting stories

Auburn's Alonzo Horton believed his two brothers and maybe his father had died in New Orleans during Hurricane Katrina. He was overjoyed to find out they hadn't. The Birmingham News has an account as well.

"It's going to strengthen my relationship with a lot of people," Horton said. "Everybody who I consider my friends and my associates I'm going to strengthen my relationship with because life is too short. You never know what can happen."

Jay Bilas went with college basketball coaches to Kuwait as part of operation Hardwood. I'm looking forward to ESPN Magazine's story on it. But Bilas' account is worthy reading.

ESPN's Gene Wojciecjowski has a good column on the role sports play during tough times.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home