Monday, August 01, 2005

More Gammons

Gammons

Ted Williams used to tell me, hey Bush, some day you want to walk down the street and have people say, you have the greatest job in America." Ted, it happens almost every day. For that I thank all of you, every one who read or listened to me, allowed me to try to be your eyes and ears, that allowed me to find what I love and hold on to it long enough to experience this, the greatest day of my professional career.
Thank you.

-- Peter Gammons, Sunday in Cooperstown

Bob Ryan, who started at the Boston Globe the same day Gammons did, praises his former co-worker's career on the day Gammons won the J.G. Taylor Spink Award.

The Chicago Tribune's Teddy Greenstein, Jeff Horrigan and the Oneonta Daily Star also look at Gammons' contributions to the game.

The text of his speech is here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home