Monday, August 15, 2005

Blogs

The Boston Herald is staying ahead of the curve adding blogs to its site. After the success of Mike Reiss' now defunct Patriots blog, it has launched Clubhouse Insider, a Red Sox blog, updated every day right before the game starts as well as at other times. The Rap Sheet is a newsy blog from throughout sports.

Now is as good a time as any I guess to mention that I'm going to be doing a UMass sports blog. As most readers here are aware, I cover the Minutemen for the Daily Hampshire Gazette, and we're adding more content online including the blog. It's not connected to the site yet, but it will be soon. I've started updating it already to get into the rhythm of it. There will be some similarities to this one, but it will have more of my opinions and extra UMass stuff.

In addition to the blogs on the rail, I look at these sports related ones often:

Richard Justice of the Houston Chronicle has a very good one.
Buster Olney of ESPN's is good as well. (Need a subscription)
I like this one, but I wish it was updated more.
I read both Greg Doyel's and Andy Katz's college hoop blogs.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home