Friday, October 29, 2004

Top 25

I'm voting in the A.P. Top 25 for the third year. I'm planning on posting my weekly poll here. I'm having a little fun with photo blogging with my preseason poll below. It won't usually be this fancy.


1. Georgia Tech
top 1 Gtech

2. Wake Forest
Top 2 Wake

3. Illinois
Top 3 Illinois

4. Kansas
TOP4Kansas

5. Syracuse
top5 Cuse

6. North Carolina
top6 UNC

7. Mississippi State
top 7 Miss St.

8. Oklahoma State
top 8 OK State

9. Duke
top 9 Duke

10. Kentucky
top 10 kentucky

11. Pitt
top 11 Krauser

12. Arizona
top 12 Arizona

13. Louisville
top 13 Louisville

14. Connecticut
top 14 UConn

15. Maryland
top 15 Maryland

16. Alabama
Top 16 Kennedy Winston

17. Michigan State
top 17 Michigan State

18. Texas
top 18 texas

19. Notre Dame
top 19 Notre Dame

20. Memphis
Top 20 Memphis

21. Washington
top 21 Robinson

22. Gonzaga
top 22 Gonzaga

23. NC State
top 23 NC State

24. Wisconsin
top 24 Wisconsin

25. Boston College
top 25 BC

I wrestled with a few things. I spent most of the summer planning on picking Wake as No. 1. I like Chris Paul's game and leadership a lot. But they were so bad defensively last year that its hard for me to see them winning it.

Rashad McCants could be a huge chemistry issue although, he's a huge talent. I still think this has the makings of a disappointing year in Carolina.

I might have UConn and Kentucky too low, but I'm not sold on Charlie Villanueva as a program carrier and the Wildctats are unproven now too. I may have Memphis too high.

I was pretty stunned to see BC without a vote in the Coaches Poll, which made stop and think a little about picking them No. 25. I don't place much stock in that poll. Too many agendas driving the picks and I question how much attention some of them really pay. I thought about Florida, Stanford and even Charlotte, who will be a sleeper, but all in all I feel pretty good about the Eagles sneaking in. I wouldn't be surprised if UAB, George Washington and even Iowa State spend some time on this list as the year progresses.

Its a weird year when Cincy isn't even considered.

After a lot of consideration I went with Georgia Tech on top. I was one of thre four people to pick them No. 1 last year after they upset UConn in the Preseason NIT and they made me look pretty good for it. They have everybody back except Lewis and they played great last year. They went to the title game with B.J. Elder injured. This is a good team that has big game experience. I like their chances.

The A.P. Poll comes out Nov. 8.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home