Friday, August 27, 2004

Good reads from a winding down Olympics

Mike Wise's story on Rulon Garder is fun and well-written. Reading stories like this is why print journalism is essential from the Olympics.
It includes this amusing line quote from Gardner on his amputated toe.:
"It's in my refrigerator back home in a jar," Gardner said. "I'm going to bury it on the hill next to my dog as soon as I go home."

Bob Ryan makes the case for Americans to get into team handball. I happen to agree with him.

Not everyone loves the Iraqi soccer team

Having written extensively on Mr. Garciaparra, Mariotti writes about Mrs.

Whitlock is interesting.

This Washington Post story is going to gets some people angry.


Israel’s first gold medal insipred a handful of stories.
USA Today
Jerry Izenberg
Posnanski

I wonder if when Dan Wetzel covered Briana Scurry for the UMass Daily Collegian he ever thought he’d be covering her again in the Olympics in Athens. I guess I know the answer but its funny to think about. This column isn't even about Scurry. It's on women's soccer, but the coincidence is still interesting to me.


The last paragraph of this Herald Sox notebook amused me.

One of the most disturbing things I have ever read



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home