Tuesday, June 01, 2004

A blink of inspiration

The radio is conspiring to kill me.

It's been a rough 12 days as I try to cope with the fact that my best friend isn't coming back and it seems like every song on the radio reminds me of that. "Here Without You," and "The Reason" seem to be on constantly.

But I found some inspiration in Bruce Springsteen's "The Rising." Track two is a song called "Into the Fire," a song that is saluting the firefighters that ran into the towers during 9/11.

Its message is powerful anyway, but the chorus makes me think of Casey. I've heard from so many lately how warm, courageous, inspirational and loving she was.

Losing her makes us sad. I hope that remembering her makes us stronger.

May your strength give us strength
May your faith give us faith
May your hope give us hope
May your love give us love

-- Bruce Springsteen

Thanks to all for all the phone calls and the e-mails. I have great friends.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home